If limiting results using the 'Advanced filtering' field, use the 'Database name' rather than the 'External Name'. See the Custom downloads help for more information.
- The gd_ prefix signifies data that has been curated by the HGNC
- md_ prefix signifies Mapped Data
- The _id suffix indicates the field contains a single ID number
- _ids indicates a comma delimited list of IDs
- Following the retirement of the NCBI's LocusLink database in 2005 and its replacement with NCBI Gene. LocusLink IDs have moved into the fields gd_eg_id and md_eg_id.